4 AM Thoughts
What do you do when you wake up at four in the morning and your mind is racing about all of the upcoming events in your life? I guess this is the reason I now have a blog site.
It's early Sunday morning and as you may have guessed it, I can't sleep. This is not usually a problem for me. On the contrary, I usually get too much sleep. But this morning my dreams led me to think about all of things happening in my life, and now my mind is way too full to think about sleep.
We leave for England in a little over a day. Are we ready? Not quite. We have about five of our bags packed with most of our clothes, but it's the odds and ends that are going to be hard to pack. You know, things that you will use for the next six months, but don't necessarily need, like games, sippy cups, a few books, etc. It's been a challenge deciding what to pack for a six month international journey.
On top of the packing and getting ready to go, we've wanted to spend time with the people closest to us. Clark and I went to Macaroni Grill with the Gardners and the Keiths on Friday night and later played games with the Gardners at their house- Ticket to Ride, Europe version, which was very skillfully played and won by Malisalee.
Last night we went to our favorite restaurant with Clark's family, Bajio's. It's going to be hard to be gone from that place for six months. Some people don't care much for it, because it's a lot like Cafe Rio or Costa Vida, but I'll tell you why I love it so much. First, there are so many more options at Bajio's. Black beans, refried beans, or my favorite, BBQ beans (which don't taste like BBQ, but they are yummy). Beef, pork, honey chicken, or lime chicken. I always get the lime chicken. Sweet rice or Mexican rice. I am a Mexican rice lover. So besides having all of these wonderful options, there are two more things that make Bajio's top notch in my book, the corn that they usually put on a salad, but I always have them add to the side of whatever I'm getting. And the vinaigrette dressing, which also is usually added to a salad, but I always get on the side. Mix the beans, rice, corn, and dressing, maybe a little sour cream on the side, add that to your main dish, and HEAVEN!
So after dinner we went with Clark's family to a nearby park to take a few family pictures. They are not the most accurate since Andy and Stephen are both absent from the pictures, and we will soon be adding another baby to our family. But here are a few of the pictures we took.



We had a great time at the park, but had to get back early to do some packing. We put the boys to bed early and stayed up until about 11 pm or so doing things to get ready. Now it's 4:30 am and hopefully having written about a few of the things on my mind, I will be able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours before we have to get up for 9 am church. Let's hope today and tonight go a little smoother than yesterday. We'll see, since we have a baby blessing to go to and a couple more people to visit.
But for now, here's to some sweet dreams that are hopefully coming my way.
It's early Sunday morning and as you may have guessed it, I can't sleep. This is not usually a problem for me. On the contrary, I usually get too much sleep. But this morning my dreams led me to think about all of things happening in my life, and now my mind is way too full to think about sleep.
We leave for England in a little over a day. Are we ready? Not quite. We have about five of our bags packed with most of our clothes, but it's the odds and ends that are going to be hard to pack. You know, things that you will use for the next six months, but don't necessarily need, like games, sippy cups, a few books, etc. It's been a challenge deciding what to pack for a six month international journey.
On top of the packing and getting ready to go, we've wanted to spend time with the people closest to us. Clark and I went to Macaroni Grill with the Gardners and the Keiths on Friday night and later played games with the Gardners at their house- Ticket to Ride, Europe version, which was very skillfully played and won by Malisalee.
Last night we went to our favorite restaurant with Clark's family, Bajio's. It's going to be hard to be gone from that place for six months. Some people don't care much for it, because it's a lot like Cafe Rio or Costa Vida, but I'll tell you why I love it so much. First, there are so many more options at Bajio's. Black beans, refried beans, or my favorite, BBQ beans (which don't taste like BBQ, but they are yummy). Beef, pork, honey chicken, or lime chicken. I always get the lime chicken. Sweet rice or Mexican rice. I am a Mexican rice lover. So besides having all of these wonderful options, there are two more things that make Bajio's top notch in my book, the corn that they usually put on a salad, but I always have them add to the side of whatever I'm getting. And the vinaigrette dressing, which also is usually added to a salad, but I always get on the side. Mix the beans, rice, corn, and dressing, maybe a little sour cream on the side, add that to your main dish, and HEAVEN!
So after dinner we went with Clark's family to a nearby park to take a few family pictures. They are not the most accurate since Andy and Stephen are both absent from the pictures, and we will soon be adding another baby to our family. But here are a few of the pictures we took.
We had a great time at the park, but had to get back early to do some packing. We put the boys to bed early and stayed up until about 11 pm or so doing things to get ready. Now it's 4:30 am and hopefully having written about a few of the things on my mind, I will be able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours before we have to get up for 9 am church. Let's hope today and tonight go a little smoother than yesterday. We'll see, since we have a baby blessing to go to and a couple more people to visit.
But for now, here's to some sweet dreams that are hopefully coming my way.
Comments
But I do have to say that I am a Cafe Rio fan through and through. I can't get enough of their beef salads when I'm in town.
So fun to read all your thoughts. So much going on and what an adventure you are about to imbark on. GOOD LUCK! You'll do great. Think about how well we did in Hawaii. Two single crazy girls far, far away from home. We had so much fun!
Love, Cheryl