Feeling Blessed

I'm not sure what I did to deserve this.  I'd like to say that it's just because I'm carrying our fourth child, but I know I haven't been very easy to live with for the past 37 weeks.  I guess I'm just blessed to be married to a man who still loves me even during my worst times.  And not only loves me, but is willing to make my life a little more special every now and then.  I truly am blessed to be married to such a man.  
 Although I'd like to be able to sleep in these days, with the sun coming up earlier and my belly getting bigger, it's just not that easy.  So this morning I woke up around 6:20am.  Clark brought me in a little note that said, "Good Morning, I'm going to do my best to let you sleep in a little this morning.  So if you can go back to bed, I've got Addi.  I may have gone to run a couple of errands.  I love you, Clark."  Well, of course, I couldn't go back to sleep, but Clark gave me strict instructions to stay in bed and relax. So I did a few things on the computer, but I have the most energy in the morning, so that's when I like to get stuff done.  I got up, brushed my teeth, made my bed, and started to fold some laundry when Clark came into the room and told me I had to get back in bed.  Being the obedient wife that I am, I got under the covers and got back in bed.  Clark assured me that he had everything under control (we had soccer pictures at 8:30am and a game at 9am that we had to be to).  As I got back in bed, Clark brought me in this lovely breakfast that I'm assuming came from Kneaders (yum, one of my favorites).  My first thought was, "Wow! I can't eat all of this."  Then I read his little note, "I know you can't eat all of this but enjoy what you can.  I love you, Clark."




While I commenced eating my scrumptious breakfast, Clark drew me a bath, complete with a bath pillow, bath salts, rose petals, and even a message in a bottle. 

As I ate, I heard a small knock at my door.  I told the knocker to come in.  It was Kimball, who had written me this note.  I love my little man!


After I ate as much as I could of my breakfast, I retrieved my message in a bottle.

The art work on the front was done by Addi.  On the back was a beautiful love note from Clark.

I feel so grateful to have Clark in my life.  From the day I decided to date and marry him, I knew that he was right for me.  Since then I've been reminded often of how there aren't very many men that 1) will put up with me and 2) are so committed to their family.  Clark really wanted me to have a relaxing morning, and I did.  It was perfect.  But I'll be honest, my favorite part of the morning was when Clark brought me in the breakfast.  As he did, I saw Kimball standing in the hall watching Clark walk in with the tray of food and looking to see what my reaction would be.  What a great example for my young son to see.  This is not the only time he's been able to see his father love and care for his mother, and I know it won't be the last.  I feel emotional just thinking about the role model Clark is for our children, especially our boys.  I know that with Clark as their father and example, they too will grow up to be very special husbands and fathers.  Thank you Clark for reminding me how blessed I truly am.

Comments

Bri!!! said…
That really is the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. What an absolute sweetheart, and what a blessing for your kids.
AnnEE said…
This like, kind of made me teary. So sweet!
Clark said…
You are definitely worth it! Thank you for your patience with me. I love you!
Michelle said…
Oh that Clark...what a good husband and father. You are worth it, Amanda...every little bit! I just love you!
Jen said…
You are so right that you are blessed to have Clark. He is beyond amazing and has a wonderful father that he learned from. But do not forget that a man does not do such loving and special things unless he truly loves you. And that Amanda is what I'm so grateful to you for... for loving Clark and making his life so happy. He truly deserves the absolute best, and in you, he has just that. I love you both dearly.

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese & Hannah's Arm

Catch Up, Part 2

Family Pictures