No problems for Yayhoo #2
Quite often Clark and I refer to our children as Yayhoo #1, 2, & 3. Kimball has now figured out that he's Yayhoo #1, so it doesn't work so much anymore. Nevertheless, I write today about my Yayhoo #2, Sammy. Sammy is an interesting character. He's very sensitive and has always been very needy. From day 1 I could tell the difference in Sammy and Kimball. Sammy is a little more of a mama's boy and is quite content playing alone or just hanging out with Mom. I mention this to show why I was nervous for him to start his first day of pre-school today. I prepped him the best I could. He got his Diego backpack, met his teacher, knew about some of the kids in his class, and was pretty excited about school. Even showing his excitement for something, he still has an tendency to get shy and clingy when it comes time to do whatever he was excited about. So, we show up at school today, walk in the class, and Sammy grabs my leg. Oh boy, here we go. But then, he sees where his cubby is, with his name on it, and where he gets to put his backpack. Then he notices the toys on the rug, and all of the kids playing with them. He sits right down, gives me a hug and a kiss goodbye, and off I go. That was it. No whining, no "I want you to hold me", nothing. Some mothers may shed a tear at the thought of their little boy growing up. Not me. For us, it was a great accomplishment. Good job, Sammy. I love you. 
Sammy, with backpack, on his first day of school.
Getting right into it.
Miss Heidi, Sammy, and Miss KyLee
Comments
Is his preschool at an elementary school? For a minute, I thought it was at a church - what, with the room divider and all.
Susan
P.S. - Your blog is fun.