Points for Pundits- Neil Diamond

Please pay attention to the first line of this movie clip.



For those of you who are the brighter of these two kinds of people, I dedicate this points for pundits to this week's American Idol Mentor, Neil Diamond, the Diamond Cutter.
I will forever have respect for this man. I have many fond memories of his music in my life. The first of which would probably be of my mom and me doing Callanetics with Neil Diamond's Hot August Night II in the background. Oh, it didn't get much better than that.

I can't express my excitement for his appearance on AI tomorrow night. I am only disappointed that we will only get to hear five of his many great songs.

So the Points for Pundits is a little Neil Diamond trivia:

1. In which of the two groups do you fall: Neil Diamond lover or hater.

2. Have you ever been to a Neil Diamond concert? (You'd better believe I have!)

3. In which Super Bowl did Neil Diamond sing the National Anthem?

4. What university did Neil Diamond attend, and for what kind of scolarship was he there?

5. Does anybody else find it funny that Neil Diamond has a Christmas Album out, even though he's Jewish? (Oh and yes, I do own the album.)

6. Will you be watching Mr. Diamond on AI tomorrow night? (Or if you're late) Did you watch Mr. Diamond on AI on Tuesday night?

BTW- May will be the last month for P for P. At the end of May the winner will be crowned and lunch will be served. Good luck to you all!

Comments

Jessica said…
This points for pundits is hilarious to me.

1. HATER, as you know
2. Definitely not
3. Super Bowl XXI--1987
4. NYU--fencing
5. I suppose funny is the word. Or sellout (I should be careful or you'll dock my points)!
6. I will be watching and trying desperately to keep my dinner down but only because I can't miss AI.

You know I still love you even though I seriously question your choice of musical idols!
from Dicy said…
Lover, yes (in Provo, no less), don't know, don't know, yes, and ABSOLUTELY. I have been wondering who (fingers crossed) will sing Forever in Blue Jeans, my personal favorite.

Also, I know this is more than you asked for, but FYI, I think Dave C will sing Love on the Rocks, Dave A will sing Sweet Caroline, and Brooke and Jason will cover Song Sung Blue and Hello Again, somehow between the two of them. Sayesha will probably try America, though NO ONE but Neil should even attempt that one. I think she should go for Cherry Cherry.
Clark said…
Yeah, Neil isn't my favorite so I guess that makes me exempt from answering the other questions.

Should I start looking for a therapist since you and I aren't on the same Neil Diamond page?

Leo, Leo Marvin, DR. LEO MARVIN! where are you!?!
Lisa said…
Ok Amanda as you well know I HATE Neil Diamond so i am not as excited as you are for tonights AI. And once again i won't be able to make it over tonight. So i continue to look forward to SYTYCD, dance, dance, dance!!! LOL
Cheryl said…
OK, so I don't know many of the answers and just read Jessica's so I would be a cheater to type them out. Plus I'm so far down on the point scale, I won't be winning any food. That's just fine. We'll just go dutch at lunch this summer!

I actually LOVE Neil. And I had no idea he was the mentor this week. I only follow AI via youtube, so I miss out on these critical bits of info. Though I did hit McDonald's with the girls today and got some little hippie chick AI toy. So funny!

I'll have to tune into night. I have been a fan forever because of my parents. We had his records. I really like his voice and songs and of course I've watched the Jazz Singer in my youth.

I have never been to a concert. Yes, I'll be tuning in tonight and I too think it's funny about the Christmas album. He's like Barbara Streisand. Funny.

My favorite song is by far Sweet Caroline. They play it during the 7th inning stretch at Fenway. That is my favorite memory of the Soxs game belting out that tune with the rest of the crazy fans!

Fun quiz this week!
Jenni said…
Gosh, I love that movie.

1. Lover.
2. No, unfortunately. But Candice Carter and I used to watch his Christmas Special every year. Ah, Neil in those red leather pants....
3. '87, XXI. Here's the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=FIVqsbx0ckg
Yeah, I'd better get extra points for that! My, doesn't Bill Parcells look young!
4. Went to NYU on fencing scholarship.
5. I already mentioned my love affair with the Christmas special, so obviously, I have no problem with it. Diversification, baby.
6. Of course. I never neglect my blogging responsibilities...well, not for long, anyway. And if anyone even TRIES Sweet Caroline, I'm going to have a hissy fit!
Karen said…
1. Unlike the video clip... I don't hate Neil, but I can't say that I love him either. I like the music, but I do not own any of his CDs.
2.Never been to any of his concerts.
3.Super Bowl XXI - 1987
4. Fencing Scholorship - NYU
5. Interesting, and funny. Guess to make some more money, it doesn't matter what you believe in?? hmmm. At any rate, I am sure it's a good CD.
6. Yes, I did watch AI and enjoyed the songs that were sung. Sad that Brooke is gone, but at this point, someone had to go.

I know I am way late on this..but better late than never. :)
Jessica said…
So Commander, now we need to hear how you actually liked the episode. Did Neil live up to your expectations and how about everyone else?

This post reminded me of the time we were sitting on a bed at your Grandma's house and you played Neil Diamond singing some Broadway song for me. I can't even remember the song but I remember being scandalized by the fact that he changed the words from "he" to "she" and that I thought is version was horrible. Actually, I'm surprised we were still friends after that!
I realize I am too late for this, but here you go anyway.

By the way - What About Bob? is in my top five for movie picks. Love it!

1. Neutral - I do love some of his songs.
2. nope.
3. No idea
4. Again, no idea (neutral parties don't learn this kind of stuff)
5. I had no idea. I guess, when in Rome...it is funny, though.
6. Absolutely. I haven't missed an episode yet, thanks to DVR technology.

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese & Hannah's Arm

Catch Up, Part 2

Family Pictures