Moving at 4 1/2 Months

Having a girl after two boys is such a new and great experience. Addilyn is already very different from the boys. She is only four and a half months old and she's already rolling over. I know, I know, this is quite normal; well, not for my family. My boys didn't even think about rolling over until they were about seven months old. I'm not sure what to do with all this mobility. It's crazy. I'm not sure I'm ready for her to grow up this fast. I actually prefer for my children to take their time in moving. It makes church a lot easier.

Apparently Addi doesn't like tummy time, because she's quick to go from her tummy to her back. Here's one of the first times she rolled over.

At the halfway mark.
Yeah, she made it over!
And a happy camper afterwards.

Here she is going from her back to her tummy. Okay, so she's not quite as good at getting all the way over from her back to her tummy. I don't put her down long enough to let her try too much. But she does make a good effort.

She gets almost all the way over and then gets stuck on her arm and ends up rolling back over onto her back. Isn't she a cutie?

So, what do I do with a baby that moves this quickly?

Comments

Cheryl said…
Look at her go! Oh my. She's growing up way too fast. She is beautiful. I lover her sweet grin and determination to get over. So cute!

I too dislike the moving stages in the life of a baby. Sure it's nice they can entertain themselves a bit more, but it also means babyproofing, worring about the stairs, keeping the floor spotless (impossible with other children in the home) and a million other things. Good luck. I will always say I'd take a 2 year old over 2 month old anyday because babies are a lot of work!
Laura F said…
I agree with Cheryl about the two year olds... AND that your sweet little girl is just beautiful! What bright eyes and what a cute little smile! She must be so much fun!

Have you ever tried those little doorway jumpers? They're pretty darn cute in them if you have a baby that likes it, and somewhere to put it that they can see you from.

I read your comment on our website about finally finding us - and I'm mortified if I actually never sent you the new address!!! I can assure you I must have dreamt I did, because I totally didn't mean to drop that ball. Sorry, and I'm so glad you found it!
Lindsey said…
She is so cute. It was fun to skype last night. thanks for calling. It was fun to see Addi a little more "real". I can't wait to see her in person. Now that Amber is coming, I am getting jealous. That is what stinks about living away I guess. Anyway, good luck with the moving baby. Although, Ava rolled over at 3 1/2 months and didn't crawl until 10 so you may be safe!

talk to you soon. love you.
from Dicy said…
Oh my gosh! Amanda, she looks so much like you. Lucky girl! Someday can we get our little girls together? Sounds like Addi could teach my Eleanor a few things!
Jami said…
Okay, I cannot believe she is already so big! I thought you just had that kid. We really need to get together soon so I can see her before she goes to kindergarten.
Michelle said…
Amanda! I've just gotten into looking at people's blogs. Sometimes property gets a bit dull so I start surfing my family's sites to see what's happening. Anyway, I hope you don't think that I've forgotten about you and your adventures. I think that most everyone I know right now things that I've fallen off the face of the earth. Law school tends to do that to a person. Sad, but true. Anyway, just wanted to say that I love the pictures and seeing all the fun things you are doing. Your baby is adorable...as are your two boys. I miss you and love your guts!!!
Angee said…
She is getting so big. Miss you! I love Five Pews and Nowhere to Sit.
Lindsey said…
I miss you...

are you just having way too much fun with amber?
Karen said…
amanda, what email address can i use to give you permission to see my blog? will you email it to me?

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese & Hannah's Arm

Catch Up, Part 2

Family Pictures