Points for Pundits- Blog Title

So this points for pundits is going to be a little different. You see, I'm in need of a little help. In case you haven't noticed, by blog title still says British Adventures. As sad as we are to no longer reside on the Island called Great Britain, we have to face the American reality of fast food, convenient shopping, large everything, and no round-a-bouts. We've been back in the good old U.S. of A. for over a month now and I think it's time that my blog title reflect my somewhat back to normal life. Here's where you all come in. I'm looking for ideas on a blog title. You know, something creative (which I'm not), something clever, and something that reflects my life as a Pew. My husband came up with one idea that I kind of like, but I thought I'd see if there is anything else out there. The points for this post will work as follows:

The most creative blog title of my choice will receive 15 points.

Second Place will receive 10 points.

Any other ideas will receive 5 points.

If you're brain-dead as I am, and can't come up with anything on your own, you can vote for one of the suggested titles in the comments.

Here's Clark's idea:

Five Pews and Nowhere to Sit

Comments

Clark said…
We could keep it simple - Pew Blog.

Or, since the term Blog is short for Web Log we could do something like:
PeW-E-Blog

I know lame ideas, I just want you to know that this is important and I'm still thinking. Our reputation depends on a good title.
Ben Hutchins said…
I love "Five Pews and nowhere to sit." Very clever. That gets my vote. I'm not too original when it comes to this so good luck.
Jessica said…
Since you gave us Clark's idea I'm not going to be able to think of anything better. I loved that one plus I'm not the creative type when it comes to words.

I guess any idea at least earns me five points so here goes (and no laughing at me):

View From the Pew

Pew Parade

Pull up a Pew (which is apparently a British version of "take a seat" which is kind of fun since you lived there)

The Front Pew

The Pew Potluck

Pew Potpourri
Amanda said…
Good Job Jess! Wow, I wasn't expecting anyone to give me more than one. You can tell you're quite the competitor.
Anonymous said…
A Blog by Pew-tiful People
Laura F said…
A Pew with a view

May the force be with Pew :-)

Notes from the Pew (I don't know where Clark falls in his family, but you could insert front, middle or back here, too)

Our Family Pew (after the days when each family actually had their own spot in church)

Good luck!
Michelle said…
These are a few that came to mind. Sorry if they're too cheesy.

Pew Corner

Pew Preview

Rendevous with the Pews

News from the Pews
Cheryl said…
So after reading everyone else's smashing ideas I'm no help. I like them all. (Laura's May the Force be with Pew gave me a good laugh). Good luck on the decision. I keep thinking though. I'll post if inspiration strikes...
Lindsey said…
okay, family comes to town and i miss the points for pundits!

well, i think the "pew" options have been exhausted, so let's look at another route...

Commander and Cheif (not that clark goes by cheif, but it fits him :)) I think you could get clever with your description under the title.

i know, kind of lame, but now i'll be thinking

btw- i love clark's

and there is always

PEW...who stinks! :)
Lindsey said…
p.s. i am going to lose major standing after this one.
I love Clark's idea, Five Pews and Nowhere to Sit and I also enjoyed View From the Pew. What a great last name for this.

I wish I had been a little more creative with ours. I didn't give it more than two seconds thought and it shows!
Jenni said…
Sorry about being so late in the game on this one. Honestly, I've been trying to come up with something for a while, to no avail. But then this morning while blow drying my hair (that's always my creative time), I came up with a few.

I always like it when the title is a little more subtle - meaning that you get the general idea of the last name or something special about the family without actually coming out and saying it. And you've got a great last name for that. (I don't have that luxury.) And then you can throw in a tag line that further describes you and the site.

For example:

Reserved Seating
-All five of us have our place.

The Upholstered Bench
-Not your ordinary pew.

Couch Cushions
-Everyone needs a soft place to sit.

Etc. (Those examples are a little lame - I'd work on the phrasing a little bit - but you catch my drift.)

You could do anything with a bench - describing it in a way that fits your family - I just used upholstered because I needed an adjective. Like if there is a food you like or a particular show or a place to travel, etc...
Anonymous said…
How about:

'The Brodrick's Friends'

or something fun like that!! ;)
Anonymous said…
How about:

'The Brodrick's Friends'

or something fun like that!! ;)
Lisa said…
I vote for either Clark's or i think Jenni's The Upholstered Bench
-Not your ordinary pew
is really cool!!
Jenni said…
OK - been thinking while I've been doing the dishes....

Reserved Seating
-Take a look at our pew.
or
-We've got our very own pew.
or
-Get your own pew.

The Cushioned Pew
-Trying to make life as comfortable as possible.

Oh, gads...I could go on and on....I'll stop now...
Anonymous said…
My favorite is a View from the Pew!
We miss you guys a ton. Joe still asks to go to Sammy and Kimball's house. We keep trying to push Alex on him -- hopefully that will take off soon.

Thanks for reminding me of all the wonderful things in America. We're getting used to doing without certain things, but mostly I just miss the convenience of suburbia.

By the way -- that is a Children's Place outfit on Joey for our Easter Sunday. We stocked up on clothes for him when we went home. I love how cute their stuff is!

Last thing -- do you have the address for Zac and Vanessa's blog? I wrote it down but of course I can't find the paper. You would think living in such a tiny house I wouldn't be able to lose things!

Well, that's it from Jolly Old England. Oh, except that it snowed like crazy the Sunday of General Conference. We thought of you guys and felt bad that you missed it. Hopefully there was some snow waiting for you in Utah.

Take Care!
Beth

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese & Hannah's Arm

Catch Up, Part 2

Family Pictures