Hair, Photography, Puzzles, and Music
I took this picture before Christmas while the kids were still in school, but I couldn't resist posting it. As most of you know, Clark works from home. He's a hard worker and loves his job. Working from home has allowed him more freedom to help out with things, and occassionally you can find him taking some time for himself in the middle of the day. This was one of those instances. On this particular day I walked into the room to find Clark like this:
Sitting in front of the computer watching Phineas and Ferb. Might I add, this is not the first time I've caught Clark watching Phineas and Ferb by himself. He loves this show, maybe even more than the kids do. I love watching Clark watch this show. It's pretty funny.
Yesterday was a very special day for Addi (and for myself and Clark). Music is important in our house. I try to play the piano. Clark and Kimball play the violin, and Sammy plays the viola. Well, Addi is joining in the making of music in our home. She had her first cello lesson yesterday. Ever since we started our kids in learning instruments, I've always wanted one of our kids to play the cello. I think it's the most beautiful sounding instrument. Yeah! I'm finally getting my cellist. Here's Addi hugging her cello at her first lesson.
Isn't that the cutest thing ever? We found that cello to rent from a local music store. Addi loves her cello. She did such a good job on her lesson. She's been listening to our boys play for the past 3 years, so she knows a lot and has a great ear already.
I love having a girl in our family. Thanks to a friend. We've found a couple of fun hairstyle websites and have tried to do Addi's hair different ways. She's kind of getting sick of it, but I talked her into trying to do the letter N in her hair a couple of days ago. It's hard to see, but here's how it turned out.
Unfortunately, her hair isn't very thick, so she ends up with pretty small, thin braids, but it works for us and it's still pretty cute. Here she is from the front.
She's a cutie!
So, I've had a pretty decent Canon camera for almost 4 years and I decided I need to learn how to use it. I'm learning about aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. It's a lot of information, but I'm trying to take as many pictures as I can to learn what works best. Because I'm taking a lot of pictures, my kids get to be the subject of most of them. The next pic is of Sammy. We went to the mall the other day to look for some shoes and Gymboree was having a huge sale. Everything in the store was $15.99 or less. Sammy has been into sweaters lately (which I think is great), and he found this sweater.
I think it's pretty handsome. He loves it and has worn it for the past two days. He's funny when it comes to his clothing.
Like I said, my kids are getting their pictures taken a lot. Hannah is always fun to take pictures of. First of all, she's really cute, but mostly she'll hold still and stay where I want her.
Hannah was born with her tongue out and has pretty much had her tongue sticking out ever since. I think it's so funny.
Yesterday, Hannah got a hold of a pen and kept trying to put it in her mouth. Well the lid was off and she ended up writing all over her face. It was pretty cute!
You can't tell me that's not a cute face.
As I mentioned the other day. Kimball got Clark a puzzle for Christmas. I'll admit, I'm the puzzle geek in the family. I love puzzles. The boys were getting nowhere with the puzzle, so I had to step in. It's not an easy puzzle (1000 pieces), but here's what I've gotten done so far.
It's not much, but it's progress.







Comments