Catch Up, Part 3

So, I'm a slacker. At the rate I'm going, I'm going to be playing catch up my whole life. I've got to get back in the swing of things. I think I'm almost there, but just out of curiousity, does three kids kick anyone else's butt? I can't keep up. I feel bad blogging when the house is a disaster. The Olympics hasn't helped either. I've been totally caught up in that.

Anyway, here are a few more highlights of our summer.

In June, Clark had to work at a conference in Florida. I met up with him there toward the end of the conference. I took Addi with me. We stayed in the hotel for a few days, then we stayed at our good friends the Brodricks' house. They were on a six month assignment in England at the same time we were. They now live in Florida and were kind enough to let us stay with them. We had a great time. We went to Gatorland, Kennedy Space Center, and St. Augustine. Of course we played a few games of Hand & Foot, where the girls dominated.
Addi at Gatorland!

Man vs. Gator

Not the prettiest picture of me, but I was pretty excited about the flamingos in the background.

It was so darn hot and humid, we ended up stripping Addi down to her onesie, and she finally fell asleep in the stroller.

At the entrance of Gatorland.

Zac, Clark, and Addi trying to cool off in the the mister fans they had at the park.


A Gator or Croc? Now I can't remember which is which.

Isn't my hubbie adventurous?





This suit was a hand me down from my sister, but Kimball loves it. And doesn't he look darling in it?
Don't you love it when Daddy babysits?

When we were in Florida, Clark and I went to Downtown Disney. These pictures were outside of the Lego store. All of these are made of Legos. It was pretty amazing.


T-Rex

Sea Monster
This was the first year that Kimball got to play T-Ball. He loves baseball, and he did a pretty good job as well. Their hats were a little too big, but doesn't he look great?



Kimball's friend Tanner.
My Sammy and Tanner's brother Sam. They're only three weeks apart and are so cute.


Holding on to his helmet as he runs the bases.

My sister Juli lives in Sandy and has a pool at her house. We haven't been able to go much this summer, but the times we've gone have been a lot of fun.





When we can't make it to a pool, the boys love swimming in our hot tub. We turn the temp down, and they'll spend an hour just jumping into it or walking around it.
We've recently been letting the boys "read" books at night before they go to bed. Here's how we found Sammy one night.


Our ward has been doing park days every week. Each week we visit a different park. It's been a lot of fun and a nice break for us moms.




Comments

Good the hear the latest! I was just Iming with Clark in the UK...no fair! Love that pic of Clark in the Gator mouth, I missed that photo op! Kimball looks like he's gonna go make some serious money in that suit...too cute! Miss you guys!
Ben Hutchins said…
Great pictures. My favorite is Clark in the mouth of the crocodile :)
Jenni said…
Eh...catching up. It is highly overrated. :-)

Your trip to Florida sounds awesome! Did you leave the boys home?
Sharon Beesley said…
i looooove the picture of Sammy sleeping with all the books. so cute.
Jami said…
Okay, that baby is so dang cute! And yes, three kids totally kicks my butt. Like every day. But mostly, it was the hardest during Lucy's first year. I'm with you on that. I think that's why Ellis is terrified to have another kid.
Anonymous said…
Having kids is hard period. I've been playing catch-up for 12 years now! :) I love the update, maybe someday I'll finally update mine. Gatorland looks like a lot of fun- I've never even heard of it! You're kids are darling! :)
Cheryl said…
Such great photos. I loved all the fun things you saw in Florida. I haven't been there since I was like 13. It's on my list of places to go (Disneyworld) before we moved back west.
Shantelle said…
Hey Amanda, Looks like you have been having too much fun this summer to keep up on the blog! I read your post on my blog, and thinking back, I always remember us making commercials and recording them with my Dad's video camera.  I still have them if I ever need to use them!!!!!  Shantelle Barber Martinez
Clark said…
Couple points of clarification:
1. It is a croc, gators have more of a U shape to the heads - crocs more of a V. (Zac or Vanessa correct me if I'm wrong)
2. Kimball's hand-me down suit was not a hand-me down from an aunt as much as it was a hand-me down from his 'male' cousin. (Didn't want you to think he was wearing a woman's suit)
3. Kimball seems to dominate the photo set, we love Sammy too. Addi seems pretty well represented.

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese & Hannah's Arm

Catch Up, Part 2

Family Pictures