American Idol, Second Group

Oh, I have so much to say about last night's show, that I couldn't help but post something. And since, no one else really listens to me (or cares), you're all stuck with what I have to say.

First of all, overall, I'm so disappointed in the contestants so far. Seriously, have they never watched AI in the past? Do they really not know what kind of songs to choose? Don't they know there are certain kinds of bands that only a select few can pull off? Apparently not.

I have nothing to say about the first three contestants except that I skipped through a majority of their performances.

Nick/Norman= I loved his performance. No he's not the best singer there is, but he can definitely sing, and he's so darn entertaining. I would much rather watch him than nine of the other contestants. For that, I think he deserves to be put through. I don't know how long the act will last, but for now, I'm lovin' it.

Allison Iraheta= Weird personality. I don't think she knew how to act while talking on camera, but dang she can sing. She sang Heart, which if you have the pipes, you SHOULD sing Heart. I loved it.

6-The judges liked it, but I didn't at all. Skipped through it.

7- Girl with the terrible and distracting tattoo from Sandy, UT. Some of the judges thought she'd get through, but I thought she was terrible. Skipped through that one too.

8- The welder. Couldn't have picked a worse song. Didn't sing it all too bad, but it wasn't good enough for me to watch the whole thing. Too bad, I like him.

9-Jesse Langseth- I really liked the song, but the judges thought it didn't showcase her enough. I kind of agree. I might like to see her get through, but not over Allison.

10-Kai- skipped through it.

11- Misha- dumb choice of song, again, skipped through it.

12- Adam Lambert= I LOVED him from day one. He has got some pipes that I've never heard before. It's possible that I love him so much because he was in the play Wicked, which automatically commands my respect. I had really high expectations for him. Although the song he sang was not my favorite song choice (Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones), he sang it so well, that I'll be buying his version off of iTunes later. He was amazing. That guy can sing. I seriously love him. If he doesn't make it to the top 12, I'll protest.

My prediction/hope for the results show tonight is: Adam (please, please, please), Allison, and either Nick or Jesse, but I think I prefer Nick. Although the welder could make it through, because people love that kind of story.

Let me know what you think. I know you all have an opinion about it.

Comments

Bri!!! said…
I agree wholeheartedly on everything you said. I LOVE Wicked too.
Helen said…
Yep. You summed it up. The only way to survive AI is Tivo--especially now that we have four judges. The person I fast forward through the most is Ryan Seacrest. That guy drives me nuts. I also feel the need to vent show got bumped a day for the congressional speech. I personally feel that what the economy needs is more AI and fewer depressing news interruptions.
Joy said…
Isn't technology wonderful that you can fastforward through so much. I love it. WE too fastforward through a lot of it. I was however pleased with the results.
Amanda, you will be the first to know my opinion when I actually get a chance to watch what is on my DVR...American Idol being one of them! :-)
Anonymous said…
I LOVED Adam's voice although the song itself was a little weird at first. Man alive can that boy sing! My favorite so far.
Amy Baker said…
ha ha, I love American Idol too. I'm glad you get so into it. I dont' know who I like yet...still too early.

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck E. Cheese & Hannah's Arm

Catch Up, Part 2

Family Pictures